Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Hive is Alive...

Finally....a moment to catch up. I didn't mean to be away so long, but between the kiddos being sick (again), me being sick (again), the hubby working night shift, and having to buy a new computer, I haven't been able to get to much blogging. I have been sewing and stashing and embroidering, though, so once I figure out all the new gizmos with the new computer, I'll be putting some pictures up.
It looks like spring is finally here, and I am thankful. Not just for the nice weather outside, but for finally finding a spot of peace amid the chaos of my life in the last year. It certainly has not been easy getting here, and I pretty much have had to cut all ties from my biological family. I think my parents did the best they could with what they had, but now that I am a parent myself and have a family of my own, I really can't have them in my life. I think back to my childhood and wonder....how is it that I thought that was normal? Did I ever really have anything (other than genetics) in common with my parents and my sister? I want a life so different, and my priorities are so different, that I often wonder about these things.
So...I am grateful for spring. Grateful that I am alive (unfortunately, in my darkest hours, there were THOSE moments), grateful to be getting older and wiser, and grateful, that like all things in nature, I have been given a second chance to get it right. I may not have had the greatest of families growing up, but I have the chance to now create the family I never had.
Be back soon (I promise!!)......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are back! I kept checking and checking and was on the verge of sending out a search party for you! ;-)

**grateful to be getting older and wiser, and grateful, that like all things in nature, I have been given a second chance to get it right. I may not have had the greatest of families growing up, but I have the chance to now create the family I never had.**

I can so understand these words. I'm glad you see your new chance - and may your family be blessed because of it.

Can't wait to see your projects and hearing more of what's new!