Friday, March 16, 2007

Saying goodbye to Thyphoid Mary.... (#9)

Yes, that strange, and totally unwelcome, visitor swept throught our house this week for the first time. Both boys were under the weather with a nasty cold. It really WAS the first time this has happened, and I hope it doesn't happen again anytime soon. I'm looking forward to some sleep this weekend.
Despite MANY frequent pauses to wipe runny noses, etc., I did manage to complete one project, get #2 cut out and ready to sew, and #3 is ready to be cut out tonight. Hopefully some progress will be made on both #2 and #3 today, and I'll some goodies to show off this weekend.
In the meantime...a little Gratitude Friday:
1. Health - I'm very grateful that the baby bees are on the mend and that both Bob and I managed to stay pest-free during Mary's visit.
2. Wealth - And by this I don't mean the material kind...Anyone who knows me, knows that I don't need much in that area (though I do admit it would be nice to have a bigger backyard for my kids to play in)....Friends have been consistently absent in my life, and I suddenly find myself with 4 really wonderful, RELIABLE friends.
3. Happiness - Anytime I can count this among my blessings, I will....Life is pretty great, you know? Certainly not all roses and butterflies 100% of the time, but I count myself really darn lucky....
4. Bandaids - Okay, granted, a little weird to be grateful for this, but can you imagine how life would be without them? I was reminded how great they are when I nearly cut off my finger this morning...running around trying not to get blood everywhere....and a bandaid is the perfect solution to the problem. AHHHHH, life in the modern age!
5. St. Patrick's Day - Always a favorite for me: love the color green (my fav.), love the food, love how everyone is in a good mood (maybe due to a little Bailey's and green beer). As my half-birthday is the 15th and Will's is the 17th, we actually do celebrate (cheesey, I know, but the kid is a sucker for any type of celebration, and oh yeah, Will really thinks it's fun, too).

With all this goodness in my life, and spring clear announcing its arrival at my backdoor, how can I not be but grateful? Now if I could just find a good Irish soda bread recipe, life would be absolutely perfect......

No comments: