Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Happy New Year! (#3)

Sunday ushered in the Year of the Boar (we prefer "Year of the Pig" as the boys both love to make a "piggy" face). As you can see from the pics., gluttony was the order of the evening's events.
Here's the spread....


And here's the chowing down.....(even baby Nathan was enjoying the feast)!

I am notably absent from the table, as I was taking the pictures! However, Bob did manage to snap a cute one of Nathan and I.
And I certainly couldn't go with bringing something...here's my first attempt at Chinese baking: sweet sesame buns and almond cookies. The bun recipe is from the current issue of Rachael Ray's mag., and the almond cookies are from Everyday Day Food (the special cookie edition). The buns were a little sweet for me, but the cookies were such a hit, I made more the next day, along with some molasses-spice cookies as gifts. More pics. are loaded as a set on the flickr account if you want to see all of the evenings festivities...



Coooooookies.....yum!

My next post should include some of the projects I've been working on...some are also featured over at flickr. I've finished most of my contribution for the Made for China project. I feel very honored to take part in this. Check out the link for Kidding Around if you would like to find out more or contribute to it yourself.

Off to fold laundry, iron some of my new fabric stash, and then to Joann's for a new needle for the sewing machine. I don't know if this was the original needle, but even so, my sweet grandmother has been deceased for almost 16 years, so it was at least that old. That's a well made needle!

1 comment:

beki said...

Yum! It all looks so good!!!