Thursday, February 15, 2007

I do confess.....(#1)

I'm really not so crafty....but it seems like my friends and family think so, so thus the title. I'll call myself this (crafty) as I am a work in progress, and I really hope to see myself as crafty someday. I'm sure my ramblings will include more than just my fumbles through creativity...and once I figure out all the technology of it, I will post pics as well.

So...I've really been inspired by all those truly crafty people out there....It's also been a bit of therapy to me. You see, despite living this completely wonderful life....one with my super fantastic husband (Bob) and two wildly active and completely adorable little boys (Will, 3 years, and Nathan, 15 mos.), I was completely unhappy. To make a long blog short, I finally faced up to what I had suspected all along (PPD) and got some help for it. It's still a one-day-at-a-time process, but I am no longer in that black hole just existing. I am thriving and loving life! And so I thank all of you for your blogs that have helped me find my creative side again...And when I figure out how to do the links and all that, I will properly acknowledge you.

Anyhow....I've got a lot of WIPs going on right now...trying to hide the needles (knitting and sewing), glue, and other possible implements of self-torture from my little ones. Will is already a crafter in the making, so my scraps and such are finding uses in his room. Nathan loves how fun ribbons are...how our two older "babies" (the kitties - Sydney and Dixie) love to chase him and the ribbons around the house...And, as all you moms out there know, finding "alone" time to work on my "krafts" (yes, I do love to use "quotes" and probably not always correctly, Mom, you English teacher you). So my crafts, as well as my spirit, are continual works in progress.

Now off to work on one or two things while the boys are napping....

2 comments:

beki said...

Cheers for good mental health! I do believe that I would go insane without my crafts. Having this creative outlet (blogging and crafting) has made me a much happier mom & wife.

Melanee said...

I love your new blog and I'll keep watching it! I'm SO happy to hear you're feeling better and better these days. Having babies takes a toll on us, and it's great you've got such support. I'm only a few steps away. :-) Keep smiling.