Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Little rays of sunshine... (#4)

No updates on my WIPs yet, but I'm getting there, I promise!

While I was watching the storm roll in today, trolling around the web, I came across this. Kelli's idea is so wonderful, no matter what your faith (or lack of it) or what your own traditions may be for Lent. I encourage everyone to check it out! I will be keeping you posted on my own efforts for CAOK...and, of course, many of you may be recipients of one of my acts of kindness. Those of you who know me know that I don't need an excuse to do this, but this certainly is a worthy cause for those of you who might need an incentive.

Anyhow, for those of you who live near a JoAnn's get yourself over there this week! Almost everything is on sale! I have been celebrating this Year of Gluttony by adding to my fabric stash. I never knew I had it in me to covet fabric. With Valentine's Day patterns at 60% off, who wouldn't? As soon as they are all washed and ironed (in process), I will post my beautiful selections. I went there on the excuse of buying a new needle for my ancient (but well-loved) Kenmore sewing machine, but I couldn't resist. It's like being a kid in a candy store.....

2 comments:

African Kelli said...

thank you Kim! You are too sweet. :)

Autum said...

I am so inspired by Kelli's kindness and generosity. The world would be such a nicer place if more folks spent time thinking of how they could show kindness to others.
I'm with you about the fabric store. I love, love the fabric store. I'm going to Hancock's today, they are supposed to be having a big sale.